The Afghan Volunteer Women‘s Association (AFV) is a humanitarian aid organization
that has been working towards peace and reconstruction in Afghanistan since 1992.
Our projects that are mainly in the rural areas, focus on supporting women and children.
Our strategy is help for self-help.
Our Ambassador Herbert Grönemeyer
Herbert Grönemeyer has been the ambassador of the Afghan Volunteer Women‘s Association since 2017, following the deceased author Roger Willemsen.
„It is an honour for me to support the Afghan Volunteer Women‘s Association as an ambassador. My support is motivated by my deep connection with Afghanistan as well as for my dear friend Roger Willemsen who supported and helped shape the association.”
His appeal to everyone: „The work of the Afghan Volunteer Women’s Association deserves our deepest respect and support. That’s what I stand for. Join us. Together we can change a lot for the better!“
„We are overwhelmed and deeply grateful to have Herbert Grönemeyer as the new ambassador for our association.“, says Nadia Nashir, the chairwoman of the Afghan Volunteer Women’s Association which celebrated its 25th anniversary in September 2017.
In 1992, the AFV was founded by Afghans who resided in Germany to help people from their home country. The Association incorporates 126 members and 344 regular supporters.
This is our board:
- Nadia Nashir (chairwoman) recipient of the Federal Cross of Merit on Ribbon and the Order of Merit by the German Republic, recipient of the Elisabeth-Siegel-award by the city of Osnabruck
- Homa Abass (deputy chairwoman)
- Rona Mansury (treasurer) recipient of the Johanna-Löwenherzstiftung-Award
- Sarghuna Sultanie (secretary to the board)
- Aziza Popal (board member)
Statute of the Afghan Women’s Association (download):
Other Reports (2012/13, 2016, 2017):
How you can help
Become a long-term Benefactor
Your regular support means giving a future. Even small amounts can make a difference for women and children in Afghanistan:
- 10 EUR to cover the school tuition for a girl
- 30 EUR per months for a sewing apprenticeship
- 25 – 100 EUR per months to support a family in need
- 80 EUR to cover the salary of a teacher
- 1.000 EUR for a well that‘ll have your personal inscription and provides drinking water for up to 200 people
We appreciate any contribution.
Download the form to become a member HERE or donate online and mention the purpose of your contribution.
We focus on helping women and children. But we can‘t do it alone which is why we need your support.
You can terminate a longterm contribution at any time.
Keep in mind that PayPal charges a fee of 1,5% + 0.35€ per transaction.
Our Donations Account:
Afghanischer Frauenverein e. V.
Commerzbank AG Koblenz
IBAN: DE28 5708 0070 0680 8505 00
BIC: DRES DEFF 570